Feng Shui Consultant and Teacher in Rock Island and East Moline, IL
Vicki Sommer now teaches at the prestigious Satva Center in the Quad Cities. For more information on her Feng Shui classes, please check this link: Vicki Sommer is from Lincoln, Nebraska. After graduating from the University of Nebraska, she and her family moved to the Quad Cities where her husband had accepted employment. Her work life began as a psychiatric social worker for a year, after which she entered graduate school, earning a master’s degree in social work. Her graduate education and first career as a practicing social worker led her to study and apply the principles of the General Systems Theory, which provided her with a firm understanding of the interconnectedness of all things.
Her second career has been as a college professor, teaching social work, sociology, and gender. She earned her Ph.D. in Social Foundations of Education from the University of Iowa in 1987. Her early work in social work education led to the co-authoring of a book titled Directing the Undergraduate Social Work Program: An Ecological Perspective, in which she applied basic principles of quantum physics and systems theory to administration.
Her personal interests have in many ways paralleled her professional workhelping and teaching. Since her undergraduate studies, Vicki has had a strong interest in spirituality and metaphysics, and she has taken many classes and workshops in these areas. She is passionate about vibrational (energy) medicine, alternative methods of healing, and Feng Shui. In September of 2003, Vicki was gathered as a master of the Angelic Gateway, in Woodhull, Illinois. Although her interest in Feng Shui began in the 1980s, this interest and understanding grew and deepened through her studies with Monica P. Castaneda, leading to a decision to become a practitioner and teacher of the Feng Shui for Us: Nine Steps to Feng Shui System. Applications of Feng Shui principles to her own home and office and the living and work spaces of friends, relatives, and clients have brought her and others many joys and rewards.
Vicki Sommer is a graduate from the first class  of Feng Shui for Us training programs for Practitioners and Teachers.
Certificates: Nine Steps to Feng Shui Practitioner
Nine Steps to Feng Shui Teacher
City of Residence: East Moline, IL
Areas Serviced: Vicki currently serves the Quad Cities
[Rock Island, Moline, East Moline, Davenport, Bettendorf]
and surrounding areas.
How far she will drive to do a consultation or give a lecture: 1 hour
How far she will drive to teach a workshop: 2 hours [minimum number of students or minimum fee apply]
FOR UPCOMING CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS PLEASE
CONTACT VICKI DIRECTLY AT (309) 755-6132
DESCRIPTIONS OF VICKI'S FENG SHUI CLASSES
* Creating a Harmonies Home with Feng Shui - Learn how to assess your living space and apply the Nine Steps to Feng Shui system: 1) Completing the floor plan 2) Balancing extremes 3) Checking the circulation of life energy 4) Tuning in to the timings of nature 5) Coordinating colors, shapes and materials 6) Positive placement of symbols for your culture and belief system 7) Fixing, maintenance and healing 8) Assigning and enhancing life aspirations, and 9) Power positions and furniture arrangement. You can create a space that feels more balanced, comfortable and life-affirming by making simple changes with Feng Shui.
* Feng Shui for the Home: The Nine Life Areas Room by Room - Feng Shui Masters identified Nine Life Areas that people need to tend to in order to be happy, healthy, prosperous and free. Focusing on enhancing individual aspirations and life goals, the class applies this ancient philosophy to each room of your home, giving consideration to architectural design, types of chi energy, colors, elements, and placement of furniture and objects.
* Decluttering and Organizing Using Feng Shui - Clutter blocks the flow of Life Energy and prevents us from achieving our aspirations. The type and location of clutter gives us clues as to which Life Areas need more of our attention. Learn how to identify specific blockages (related to the kinds of clutter one has) and rectify them by using methods that make the decluttering work easier and open your space to the flow of healthy chi circulation. Using Feng Shui to declutter and organize your space can provide new insight and motivation to move and remove “stuff” that both needs and deserves attention.
* Feng Shui for the Office and Workplace - Feng Shui can help you create a healthy environment. Employing the principles of Feng Shui in your office or workspace can increase productivity, create a sense of calm and an overall feeling of well-being. Application of these ancient practices to your office space, files, books, desk or other work area can increase the flow of positive energy or chi throughout the workspace affecting you, others in the office and the work itself. Methods include ways to improve the energy, techniques for decluttering/organizing, and how to interpret and remedy previously unattended-to Life Areas in your workspace.
* Feng Shui for the Body - Body Feng Shui is an ancient Taoist tradition that teaches the connection between external appearance and inner character and personality. The principles were developed from a system of correspondences over thousands of years of observations. The method can teach how to explore one's own and others' destinies by reading the human body. Just as the living and working space of an individual reflects and affects the inner psyche, so does the body's posture and movements, facial features, and hand shape. Improving the internal conditions of the body through healthy diet, meditation, exercise, etc. will correspondingly improve the external features of the body
Feng Shui Home and Business Consultations are currently available in the following areas: Knoxville, TN and surrounding areas [Oak Ridge, Clinton, Farragut, Lenoir City]; Davenport, Bettendorf, Clinton, Dubuque, Maquoketta, and Bellevue, IA; Rock Island, Moline, East Moline, Milan, Andalusia, and Chicago, IL.
For service in other areas please check out our Feng Shui Long Distance Consultations. If you want to learn What is Feng Shui?, please take advantage of our free Feng Shui online course.